Formerly known as Select Comfort, OPAQUE offers a complete line of sizes designed to fit more than 99% of the population. For moderate and more severe symptoms, Opaque feature lasting microfiber softness in medical graduated compression hosiery.How does graduated compression therapy help with the management of venous problems?As a person walks, the contraction and relaxation of the calf muscles around the veins aid in moving blood toward the heart. The external graduated compression of SIGVARIS socks and stockings act as a layer of muscle by gently squeezing the stretched vein walls together, allowing the valves to close. The cavity of the vein is reduced, thereby restoring blood flow to a normal state and aiding overall circulation.By compressing the limb with graduated compression - strongest at the ankle and decreasing going u p the leg - the compression stocking helps the venous return, decreases venous pressure, prevents venous stasis, reduces edema and deterioration of venous walls, and relieves aching and heavy legs by aiding the body in moving blood up the leg against the pull of gravity.To be most effective, the socks or stockings should be put on at the start of the day and removed before going to bed. Wearing SIGVARIS graduated compression is vital for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins and other circulatory problems.About SIGVARIS:The Swiss company SIGVARIS, 100% family-owned since it was founded, is the global market leader in the manufacture of medical compression garments and celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2014. With over 8 million pairs of stockings created in 2015, SIGVARIS has its headquarters in Switzerland and employs over 1,500 people. SIGVARIS pursues an international growth strategy on the solid foundation of more than 150 years of success.
- TOP QUALITY: Formerly known as Select Comfort, the fibers in Opaque are innovative in the sense that they enhance performance and durability. We use high-filament synthetics and channeled polyesters blended with cotton which wick away moisture.
- HIGH STANDARDS: All Sigvaris products are listed as Class 1(general edema) and Class 2(blood flow) with the FDA. Along with being ISO(International Organization for Standardization) certified, this proves that our products truly benefit customers.
- ORIGIN: Born in Switzerland. Made in the USA. People buy and wear compression garments for the prevention and treatment of certain issues, such as leg comfort and prevention of DVT during long-distance travel and the treatment of leg swelling and vein issues.
- SIZING: Our knitting machines regulate stitch length and yarn tension while shaping the fabric to a leg model for the best fit. The compression level of these socks is 20-30mmHg, which was crafted with the most precise sizing chart in the industry.
- MATERIALS MATTER: Every single one of our products is made of natural and synthetic fibers and contains no animal products. Made of 64% Nylon, 36% Spandex; Latex-Free, Sigvaris makes products that are effective, durable, and of the highest quality.